The Patient Advisory Council (PAC) is a strategic outreach to all the patients of CHC to assess and provide a holistic review of their access to our services and physical resources. This 13-member initiative will help CHC to incorporate patient voices in all aspects of our programing, decision-making and delivery of services to improve health access, patient satisfaction and health outcomes. It will empower our patients to identify our successes in providing care and avoidable barriers at the points of access, delivery and coordination of health services.
CHC Commitment to PAC Initiatives
The PAC will play an advisory role to the DEI Executive Council (DEC) on how to eliminate preventable barriers in their care under existing scheduling guidelines or policies. The DEI Executive Council (DEC) will use patients’ priorities to guide practical and actionable steps needed to make appropriate changes at CHC to improve access for all our patients in Vermont.
Levels of PAC Engagement
The PAC will advocate for quality health services on behalf of our patients by identifying barriers that directly or indirectly affect their care at the:
- Points of access (scheduling and check-in)
- Points of delivery (during visits)
- Points of coordination of care (pharmacy and referrals to other specialized services)
The members of PAC meet quarterly and tentatively via Zoom:
- March 1, 2023 (Wednesday – 5:00pm-6:30pm)
- June 7, 2023 (Wednesday – 5:00pm-6:30pm)
- September 6, 2023 (Wednesday – 5:00pm-6:30pm)
- December 6, 2023 (Wednesday – 5:00pm-6:30pm)