When a child receives their regular primary care at the Community Health Centers of Burlington, they are eligible for evaluation by the behavioral health team and/or the psychiatric providers at CHCB. Depending on the level of needed care, the psychiatric providers may make recommendations to the primary care provider, may continue to see the child for several visits, or may recommend a higher level of care such as team-based psychiatric care available through the designated community health agency serving your family.
CHCB’s Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Team includes two Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists as well as Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners providing assessment, diagnosis and treatment for disorders of thinking, feeling, and/or behavior affecting children and adolescents.
This program offers treatment for conditions such as:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance Use Disorders
How Do I Get an Appointment?
- New to CHCB? If your family has not established care yet with CHCB, please call to schedule an appointment with a primary care physician to inquire about psychiatry as the parent/guardian. Psychiatry services are made through internal referral only.
- Existing CHCB patients? If your family currently has a primary care physician at CHCB, inquire at your next visit to be referred to psychiatry services.
Psychiatric Walk-in Clinic
Already have a CHCB Psychiatric Provider? Each of our Psychiatry Providers has their own walk-in clinic once per week. Please call 802-864-6309 for more information.
Child Psychiatry Consultation Clinic
We are currently accepting referrals for the Child Psychiatry Consultation Clinic (CPCC).
If you are a non-CHCB Primary Care Medical Provider (Pediatrics or Family Medicine Provider) and would like to refer a patient to CPCC, please complete our referral form and securely e-mail it to CPCC@chcb.org or fax to 802-540-6848. Please visit our CPCC provider information page for more information.