The mission of the Community Health Centers of Burlington is to improve the health of all within the communities we serve. We are dedicated to providing exceptional care with respect and compassion and with a commitment to serving people who have a limited ability to pay.
“When I got to the Health Center I was completely broke and homeless. I was in Vietnam for two years and had post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). You (the Community Health Center) were more than I could possibly have thought. My PTSD is so much better. I’m in a good state now. I had nothing to live for. You saved me.”
- John*, age 58
- We believe that quality healthcare is a basic human right.
- We believe that people should take responsibility for their healthcare to the best of their ability.
- We believe that the healthcare services we provide should be responsive to the needs of our patients and community.
- We believe healthier communities are created when organizations work collaboratively.
- We believe that patient involvement in governance is vital to the development, operation, and uniqueness of the Health Center.
- We believe our staff is our most valuable asset; therefore an environment that fosters the well-being, development, and excellence of staff is essential to our mission.
- We will provide the best care imaginable.
- We will be a model of excellence in providing proactive and innovative healthcare services.
- We will be a leader in culturally competent, fully integrated health care that is responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs of our patients.
- We will be responsible financial stewards by maximizing our resources and community relationships.